Saturday, May 29, 2004

~Of Missing My Father

How I Miss You

I know the words, and more
You never had a chance
to daresay ever before
time wounded your being
and cancelled your existence.

The words sound hollow today.
More as I realize how late
in the span of my life I am
ready to concede we failed.
I would end my life redeemed

In your arms, atop your shoulders
your presence clarified by us.
I was a child unprepared.
As an adult, a lost promise
held memorial to our purpose.

I am alive and willing to witness
the truth of what you promised.
And I would have answers
the day my last breath ends life.
Did you abandon me twice then?

Letting you go by choice is wrong
yet waiting only perpetuates it.
I can bear witness to wisdom
an eye for an eye as necessary
to undo the deep bond of love.

I suffer doing what I feared done
I abandon my honor to words
you promised to my heart.
Leaving me to wait vainglory
as an abandoned child alone?

The echo of hollow sounds alive
with a reverbed vibrato beat
horns get to celebrate
blowing tempest of laughter
as freedom recovers the missing.

Copyright © 5/29/04, Robert James Duberg

1 comment:

Robert Duberg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.