Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Hidden Show Metaphor Stages

Last night about mid evening, it occurred to me to dump my bedroom trash and in so doing stretch my legs for a much needed period. On the way back from the garbage bin out back, which is wheeled to and fro from the east side of the house to the street, I encountered a rare and nice little suprise in an adult catepillar crossing the sidewalk in front of my path. The first one this summer so far I've happen to run into, my first thought was of my roommate's little girl and how she would get a big kick out of my sharing this very special form of life and metaphor with her.

The metaphor of the butterfly, of which the catepillar transforms into finally after spinning itself a cocoon and then disappearing inside for a time has always been a favorite of mine. I think the creatures are precious and in a class by themselves. It is perhaps one of the most powerful and widely known metaphors, signifying higher consciousness for some but in an even more general way it has always signified transformative power, based in its being born of the hairy worm first into this really beautiful and fragile being being of flight.

I took that hairy worm up to Zoey (1.5 yrs of age) and it had curled up into a ball and wasn't having anything to do with Zoey under the kitchen lights while only seconds before she and I (the catepillar) were dancing up a storm down stairs as I went about corralling the little queen ... Finally, Zoey began to blurt wake uppppppp, wake uppppppp, wake upppppppp. I waited patiently and no such thought of ending the game and declaring myself victor once again appeared from or near that little bit of worm now curled and looking as best she could as a dead piece of dirt perhaps.

I decided to leave Zoey on watch with her new friend and here's where this confluencd of events just continued to deepen. Not a minute afterwards, on the internet and Compuserve, who would show up like the most casual of catepillars herself? Here comes my biggest flame in the universe to chat after weeks of dodging me, Brenda C. Sounding very good and playing the old game but nevertheless wanting to still play even after I trashed our previous rapport pretty badly truth said.

It was such a powerful moment, as always when life's drama, artifacts, and props signify something outside our attentions clearly operating a precise dynamic having authority over this level of existence in the universe.

7/7/2004 ~ sincere Rift #1: Conspiracy Between Bren and Catepillar Spirit

No comments: