Friday, December 25, 2015

Beginning New Project: Kidney Donor Incentives

I'm starting a new project I'm calling the Kidney Donor Incentives Project. This will require new legislation which willl mandate incentives for living donors where at present there are none and people like me are truly suffering. I just started a new "binder" (a substance I take with food which binds to certain chemicals that my system cannot remove and dialysis has a tough time removing a well, and these substances in toxic levels will kill me right away or in the long run will ruin my health as well. This binder costs $2,000/month. I pay $24,000/month for dialysis services. The stent procedure I had last month was outpatient but the bill was still $60,0000. When I die my estate will be depleted of funds that the government has spent and continues to spend on me at present. If the law were to provide some incentive for donors to step forward ... there is so much money on my behalf to be saved. Corporate greed has made medicine into a business so there's that uphill battle to wage and then there is the obstructionist congress we have in place still which concerns me, but how hard can it be for me to persuade those who can help about the reality which is my health and the waste which until I get a transplant will be continually made as profit to the business concerns which are getting wealthy on my suffering? What recommendations do you have for me? I believe you probably have a few since I'm aware that you have yourself been struggling to create a successful startup of your own. I'm not really sure how or what business model I need to organize my efforts around, perhaps you do or you may know someone with that particular expertise?

No comments: